Preparing a checklist when buying a house is very important. It makes you aware of the things that you need to do and to have in order to make the buying process smooth and fast. Having a checklist is your way of making sure that you will not be missing out important dates and documents needed before, during, and after sales processes.
- Keep yourself updated with what’s going on in the real estate industry. Do your research. There are so many webpages dedicated to finding the best Las Vegas luxury homes that suite your needs and budget. Ask around. Make your friends and relatives be aware that you are looking for a property and the details of what kind of property you are looking for, how much is your budget, and your preferred location.
- Know how much your mortgage will be. Ask referral from your friends and family where you can find good lenders. Check local credit unions, sometimes they offer low rates once you qualify for membership. Talk with both mortgage brokers and mortgage bankers to widen your options.
- Wait until you get pre-approved before you start house hunting. The pre-approved amount will serve as your starting point when looking for a house.
- Straighten out your financial status. Make sure that you don’t have big credit balance on your credit reports. Get a copy of your credit score. Knowing your credit score will guide you in choosing which way to go.
- Find a trustworthy realtor. Again, a referral from people you know will help a lot in picking the right agent that will represent your interest. Check the agent’s credentials online, or through his agency. Compare the agents’ track records, experience and more.
- Based on your pre-approved loan, delimit your options as to your needs and wants. Have specific criteria about the house that you want to own. Know if you want a condo, a townhouse, or a single family home.
- Once you find the right property, set a date for inspection. Check for the overall situation of the house. Be aware of the possible things that need to be fixed and how much will it cost you to repair them. Present this during price negotiation.
- Work with your realtor and create the best deal you can present to the seller. During the negotiation process, make sure you discuss all the important topics.
- Once you and the seller arrive at the best deal, start preparing for closing the deal. Your realtor can do this for you. Sometimes you need the help of an attorney to close the sale, especially if you will be buying a luxury property.